How to Find a Realtor Near You
When it comes to buying or selling a home, we all know that it can be a long and sometimes stressful process. So we enlist the help of a Real Estate Agent to help represent our interests. However, sometimes it can be difficult to find the right agent to fit your needs and goals. We’re here to help you find a Realtor near you, and one that fits your personal needs. So we’ve compiled a checklist to make sure you’re getting everything in an agent you’ll need.
Is the Realtor licensed in your state?
When you’re ready to buy a home, you look at everything from the style of home you like, the type of neighborhood that fits your lifestyle best, and the state in which you choose to reside. When you start the real estate agent screening process, it’s important to ask if your potential agent is licensed in the state you wish to look in. It may seem like an unnecessary, or even a silly step, but just because they’re an experienced professional doesn’t mean they’re a registered professional. Having a licensed real estate agent represent you gives you a leg up in your search. They are already familiar with the neighborhoods, they are well versed with the market, and they know exactly what homes would fit your needs.
When looking for a real estate agent near you, it’s common to find agents with a wide range of experience. From 20 years of experience to someone just starting in the industry, it’s really up to you and your preference. No matter the experience level, you should ask yourself the following questions before enlisting any skill level:
- Do you have specific or unique needs that may be easier for an experienced agent to acquire?
- If you’re selling, does the REALTOR® know how to actively market your property properly?
- Are you willing to potentially go through some “trial and error” with a less experienced agent?
When researching your potential real estate agent near you, it’s not out of the ordinary to ask for some references. You can learn a lot about a person’s work ethic and their method of business through the word of others. Most people leave reviews when they’re extremely satisfied and when they’re extremely unsatisfied, so you have the benefit of their experience. If they have no references that may speak to their level of inexperience, however, that is not necessarily a bad thing. Although, if there are a bulk of bad reviews, that could be a red flag and you may want to re-think your decision.
Finding the Right Realtor
You can start your search for a Realtor near you by asking people you know for referrals. As most agents know, the best business is from word of mouth, and past satisfied clients. However, one person’s good experience may not match up to what you need. Here are a few signs you’ve found a great Realtor:
- They are a part of a successful and reputable real estate company. This company should pride itself on their community involvement, on-going training, and offer support and guidance to their agents.
- The Realtor has a successful track record they are proud of. They should have a skill set of negotiating sale prices and vouching for their clients’ best interest. They should also have an open and clear path of communication to ensure that your thoughts, goals, and concerns can be answered, and both can formulate the best plan of action. Remember this is a partnership, you want to make sure you’re heard through this process as well.
- They have a personality that compliments your own. Your Realtor should demonstrate the following personality traits: honesty, trustworthy, friendly, assertive when need be, knowledgeable, and able to defuse high tension and stressful situations and conversations.
Choosing the right Realtor to sell your home requires a little homework on your part, but it is worth the time spent in the long run. The right agent for the job will make selling or buying a home an easier, less stressful experience and help you get the most for your property.
If you’re looking for a Realtor near you, consider looking into Verani Realty, the #1 Listing Agency in New Hampshire. With over 20 offices and 500+ agents servicing NH, MA, VT, and ME. We’re here to help you list or buy a home, get the most for your money, and put more in your pocket.
Share This Post
|Previous Post||Next Post|